Gleanings from last week
- Forums will seek input for city plan -- Beginning tonight, the city holds a series of meetings to ask residents how Phila. should evolve over 30 years. I love that this dialogue is continuing.
- Rendell reiterates need for legislation to cover uninsured. Yeah, how about that Rx for PA? Doctors chip in in support too. Jane looks at the issue of hospital-acquired infections (something the Governor would like to focus on) here.
- The city's lack of adequate ambulance coverage is another recurring news story. The latest funneling of frustration here, here, and here.
- Tax breaks multiply in Pa. House. Great, 'cause everything's well covered right now...
- PATCO extends hand to SEPTA -- The two agencies could join forces in a plan for commuter rail service on the Phila. waterfront. This seems so logical, there must be a catch!
- Three finalists for job of Phila. schools chief -- lots of follow-ups to this story subsequently, with interviews, one withdrawel, and a mixed reaction from city parents.
- Nutter picks five for his redesigned Zoning Board. Could sanity prevail?