- Temple bets on home buyers: The university has a $500,000 program to help its workers become homeowners in surrounding neighborhoods. (North Philly and Tioga)
- Small town smells something rotten -- the US DOE found toxic substances in the soil of this Pittsburgh suburb, but apparently never bothered to tell anybody locally... (ah, that rich legacy of our mining past.)
- Free Library now equals free wireless -- will the lure of websurfing introduce some to the joys of browsing the stacks?
- Editorial | SEPTA's Ticketing System -- time for a modern, ride-friendly fare system. (Smart cards, anyone?)
- YPP: Gun Violence in Philadelphia -- how to decrease the casual and thoughtless use of guns?