Record number of tabs for this day. Will see if some filter out by theme...
- SCHIP veto puts 2 under pressure (Saxton and Pitts)
- City hikes Boy Scouts' rent by $199,999 over gay ban -- wow, where has this story been all this time?
- N.J. National Guard faces a big, earlier deployment
- Pa. Senate acts to ban bonuses for legislative aides: The unanimous vote came after a grand jury probe. The House will act next, but Rendell has expressed concern.
- Phila. orders a judge to fix his properties: He owns two rooming houses found to be in bad repair. The city said they're also overcrowded. (Means)
- Art, music, class size top district's budget priorities
Also, Schools going back to basics: Smaller classes, art & music studies emphasized
- Protest vs. protest boils in W. Chester
- Poconos slots casino near opening
Also, Despite probe, Mount Airy casino could open Monday
- Two Fairmount Park leases spark questions
- Proof-of-citizenship bill for benefits is debated
- John Baer | About state politics: You never eat your words
- Ethics panel limits politicking: It OKs ruling affecting part-timers on several city boards
- Council eyes another firefighter hazard: Hearing loss
- Governing Magazine (?!) has a profile of Michael Nutter, campaign, prospects, etc.
(via America's Hometown)
- PolNotebook: The Brady Pulpit
- Opinion: Ideas on easing poverty reflect a sense of its burden on Phila.: Wanted: Jobs and education, user-friendly aid, markets serving the poor.
- YPP: PA General Assemby, on gun violence: act now. save lives.
- YPP: Rx4PA: Go get 'em Gov.
- YPP: CALL TO ACTION: 10,000 MEN
- YPP: Only in Philadelphia (on city planning)
- AAJane: Rick Taylor and the Importance of Being Earnest
- Inga Saffron at Skyline Online has two:
- Of Parking, Plans and Planners
- Gloves Off on Waterfront Plan
- PhillyWillDo: At Least Somebody Here Is Successful: Local Beers Win Awards At Great American Beer Festival
- Metro: From editor to Congressman? (Larry Platt)
- Metro: Leading Philadelphia: City Development