- Rendell demands more Center control -- since the state is helping fund expansion of the Convention Center, they'd like more input into operations...
Also, Convention Center board scolded
- Union: 26 schools are 'unprotected' -- no permanent police officer presence
Also, A shift in school security officers irks their union (notes that shifts were from low-incident schools to more troubled ones)
- Plan would save steps in City Hall -- more elevators will be available with security scanners.
Also, Beefing up City Hall
- Nutter absent from Council - but his hand is felt -- or at least, might explain the outcome of some business yesterday...
- Council holds off on Fairmount measure
- Inspector's report shakes Health Dept. (resulting from the discovery that at least one guy was working both here and in DC)
Also, Health boss demoted in double-dip scandal -- in all honesty, this doesn't sound so egregious to me; the guy was using up earned vacation days, a pretty common practice, even if a bit unseemly in light of the new position.
- Rizzo Jr. Pushes ironic Anti-Nepotism Bill ahem.
- Pa. House Democrats challenge bonus probe
- PA has "Most Corrupt" Government, but First is Within Reach
- Pennsyltucky: Arlen Specter likes virgins -- or at least, likes earmarks for abstinence education. money down the toilet...
- John Baer | Timing not the best for Taiwan junket by Pa. pols
- AAJane: Save the Date -- Delaware County Council debate next week