- Looks like PA Governor Ed Rendell's political future may be caught in the tangle of debate over whether to build the Pittsburgh Penguins a new hockey stadium. Die-hard sports fans want the Gov. to back a casino proposal that would also involve funding for the stadium, but he understandably feels he should stay out of the Gaming Board's decision processes. However, he might bear the brunt of anger that there was no rabbit to be pulled out of a hat on this one...
- Santorum takes some jabs at rival Casey in the press, making a show of inviting his primary opponent to debate (no date yet) and mocking Casey for not having done likewise (although he has also expressed willingness with no date yet). Eight months until the general? I'm already sick of it... A couple of speculations about what this may mean for the little guys.
- A Daily News letter-writer thinks local politicians overestimate the possible impact of local gun laws. Are the criminals likely to read the fine print?
- Uh, some people are getting a bit tired of Pennacchio's drumbeat of disapproval of Bob Casey, and wondering if he's lost sight of the bigger target in the other party... For my part, the fervor of his supporters sometimes puts me off the man himself. But I applaud their dedication to principle.
- Above Average Jane wonders whether Wal-Mart is being unfairly singled out for condemnation on its benefits, and notes some of the company's better points... Sorry, would never shop there, on principle and because in practice they gouge you on some items to make up for the discounts on others.
- Apparently the 2nd installment of "why you should care about PA-08" is out, but it's on Rowhouse Logic instead of Young Philly Politics. I'm a little confused... Anyway, a profile of the Republican incumbent.