Because sometimes you have to catch up on the work you're paid for...
- Pennsylvania appears to be on the forefront of a new wave of gambling, with interests in many states watching the introduction of slots across the state and rubbing their hands eagerly.
- With the rush to build fancy highrises and high-end condos, are the average folk getting left out of housing choices? A few organizations are trying to fill the gap for middle-class buyers.
America's Hometown also notes that some downtown building owners are renovating with the "middle market" specifically in mind, although from the renting point of view.
- Love Philadelphia's murals? Check out the fundraiser and info session that's planned for this Wednesday -- info at YPP and AH. A great organization, an inspiring leader, and a chance for a fun evening.
- Dan at YPP reports that UPenn is cutting lower- and middle-class kids a break by replacing loans with grants for students from families earning under $50k. A huge gift to graduate without a heap of debt.
- Um, something happened this weekend (of the meeting variety) concerning the future of media. Even the name confuses me, so see Albert and others for more.
Update: Blinq makes sense of it all... (sounds spiff!)