Other Wednesday stuff
- Tom Ferrick decries the voting bill under discussion in Harrisburg and explains why it's a bad idea.
- Pennsylvania environmental regulators have suggested lower caps on mercury release in the state, lower than those set by federal regulations. Expect the miseducation campaign by coal-burners to start tomorrow.
- Norristown votes no on establishing a Neighborhood Improvement District like Center City's. Say yes to citywide improvement instead.
- The Market-Frankford el line will visit its new 56th street station for the first time on Monday. neighborhoodier. 60th Street comes next.
- The Philadelphia Weekly profiles the housing/construction boom and looks at the future of urban development, via an interview with Inga Saffron.
- Another Weekly piece looks at an urban design competition, challenging students to think about abandoned lots in an eco-friendly way. wheee, rooftop windfarms!