Quick Monday round-up
- Dredging story unchanged = The sky is falling! (When do Rendell and Corzine sit down?)
- State property tax discussions unchanged = We'll turn the corner any minute now.
- A happy problem to have: Street considers his budget for a surplus year. Of course, people may want some things fixed now... (the clamor begins)
- Does pay-hike fallout still have legs? Baer thinks PA residents and their governor may benefit from the leaders' desire to make it up to us.
- The Daily News helps you sort out how the Abramoff scandal plays out locally (at least, for Santorum and Casey).
- Dan at YPP argues that the cure for corruption is public funding of elections. He notes the widespread local disinterest in this idea. hmmmm....
- Meanwhile, Philadelphia's Committee of Seventy is encouraging local voters to consider running for office (esp. the many party Committeeperson positions) to help shape the system from the inside.