Other Thursday news
- The school district is considering its first public boarding school in South Philly.
- A recent design competition looked at environmentally efficient public housing and generated some promising ideas...
- The city is running a pilot program for shoring up anti-terrorist security at 30th St. Station. (odd bit: federal air marshalls were involved.)
- Two developers are warring over plans for a lot at Chestnut and 15th.
- Last, Ray Murphy tells a story in which city services actually work, and says that Street doesn't get credit for the kind of everyday things that city dwellers most appreciate.